– If Klikk.com offered IaaS outside of Europe, we’d use them exclusively
According to Hogne Titlestad, the CEO of Friend Software, Klikk.com is the Norwegian version of Amazon AWS without all the drawbacks.
Hogne and his Friend Team believes that everyone should have privacy-first based access to all back-office tools for collaboration and data storage, even when it’s all delivered as a Service (aaS) on the internet.
One of the ways Friend is taking action towards this goal is choosing Klikk.com architecture for Friend OS (their Internet Operating System) wherever they can.
Read on to learn more about what Friend OS is, what they like about Klikk and what the future of the Internet might look like.
What is Friend?
Friend Software gives you remote-friendly access to everything you need for work and leisure while maintaining total control. When we say that they give you all the back-office applications you need, we are not kidding. It is all built on top of a “Sky Computing Platform” called Friend OS.
You can access your ONE “online computer” (online desktop) using any device from your phone to your computer or tablet. Friend OS has solutions for Productivity and Office, File Sharing and Cloud Storage, Video Conferencing, Collaboration, and Online Messaging; A 100% secure platform for both teams and families.
Better prices than Amazon pushed the move
– When we first discovered Klikk.com, we had our infrastructure spread across various service providers in Norway and with Amazon. The service providers we used in Norway were expensive, often up to 3 times more so than Klikk.com, and at the same time, they had less or no focus on scalability. In general, we knew that their “terms and conditions” had too many rights to access and copy our customer’s data without our consent.
– Amazon has become the definition of “going global” with new technology, and we had no idea that a Norwegian provider that could compete on price and performance even existed. We have seen that Klikk.com outpreform their competitors (even Amazon) in the markets they are at, and that is why they have become our perferred provider.
– What is most appealing about Klikk.com is the price level divided by performance and the opportunity to integrate scaling in our digital services. Such functionality is something we previously found only at Amazon.
– With a traditional “Application Service Provider” (ASP) you will find yourself set up with the technology of their choosing for redundancy, availability, and scaling. With Klikk.com the option is ours, as they are a pure infrastructure technology provider, we benefit from a Kubernetes ready environment controllable to use through their API.
– Klikk.com will give you many of the same technical opportunities you get with Amazon, yet with the safe and sound Norwegian security backdrop and proprietary – privately owned – Norwegian software package. In short, a Big Tech independent company.
Eager to move everything over to Klikk.com
The Friends team was thrilled from the “get-go” over a Norwegian IaaS-provider that even allowed dynamic and “hot swap” adjustment of all compute resources. Klikk.com, with its sound GDPR-profile, is a fantastic alternative to an American “Big-Tech”-provider.
– We still use several suppliers due to our global profile, and Klikk is not currently available outside Europe (where many of the largest suppliers are seated)
– We haven’t chosen Amazon or other IaaS providers outside the EU by preference, but rather because they cover markets that Klikk.com does not. We are very eager to switch to as soon as Klikk.com move into those regions as well.
Friend Software Lab is so satisfied relying on Klikk.com as the preferred cloud provider that they are building scaling-“friendly” technology into their software to utilize Klikk.com even more!
Curious about Klikk?
Here’s a video showing you how to create a server (or server cluster) using Klikk in under 1 minute →
Get your €100 free credits now
The future of the Internet
In Hogne’s analysis, we have already seen the beginning of the end for Big Tech. It has become evident that “Big Tech” and “Big Government” are two sides of the same story.
– Larger American tech companies are also collaborating with their intelligence agencies with personal data stored in their systems. It is fair to argue that Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, and Google, are all “Huawei’s” equivalent in the United States. The only differentiator is that the first four reports to our ally the USA and the latter does not.
But he is not certain that this principle applies to the private business world. The private business sector does not necessarily have a political direction and an awareness of political alliances, and perhaps strictly wants to provide technology and services in the market. Feeling compelled to follow the current political trends is not always easy.
– Klikk.com has already positioned themselves so they don’t get involved with what may be on customer servers, as they do not have access to this piece of information. That keeps access to the data where it belongs, and it puts the responsibility where it belongs.
A safer, long-term choice
– Amazon has quite affordable servers when you start. But when people start using these rented servers from Amazon, the costs rapidly increase. Another thing that happens is that you suddenly, just like with Microsoft, have to start negotiating what deals you can enter into.
– So if you use Amazon, you quickly end up becoming a partner. And once you have become a partner, you are drawn into agreements that you cannot easily get out of. Not necessarily because you are legally bound, but because your technology is bound into that system.
– I find Klikk.com more transparent and easier to cooperate with. I also feel that there is a pretty good interface between us as a service provider and Klikk.com as an infrastructure provider. It’s not like a kind of Persian rug that flies up in the air and takes you to a completely different place than where you started.
– We really appreciate that the wise and kind words from Hogne and the Friend Team! Feedback like this makes us even more confident that our IaaS offering is rock solid, and that our admin dashboard or offerings aren’t needlessly complex.
What makes Klikk different?
Wondering if Klikk is right for you?
Sign up for a free trial, and you’ll instantly get a secret link that gives you €100 free server credits.
Feedback from happy customers
«KLIKK allows us to have top notch performance at a competitive price while having control over the physical location of our data storage. We see our collaboration project with Friend and KLIKK as a huge competitive advantage when it comes to managing and maintaining customer infrastructure»
«Klikk.com provides simple and easy to use services with excellent performance at very competitive rates. Considering the ever-increasing focus on information security and the current geopolitical climate, a security focused, European, IaaS provider like Klikk.com looks most interesting»
Your server OS options:
Get your €100 free server credits
Fill out this short form and you’ll instantly get to kick the wheels with €100 free server credits:
Not sure how to move forward?
Once you’ve filled out the form you can request help to get started.